A Microdisectomy is a procedure performed on those that experience long term low back, leg and sciatica pain due to a herniated disc. You can alleviate lower back and leg pain quickly with this minimally invasive procedure.
WHAT IS MICRODISCECTOMY?
During this Outpatient Procedure, your surgeon will be removing the herniated portion of the spinal disc that is pressing on the affected nerve. Results can typically be felt immediately after this surgery.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT MICRODISCECTOMY:
- A Microdiscectomy is initiated through a small incision in your lumbar spine
- Your surgeon then inserts a small tube with a camera on the end to locate the damaged material and disc and then removes it
- Common surgical practice that yields the highest success in results
Minimallyinvasive procedure with faster-expected recovery time
- Relieves both lower back and leg pain associated with sciatica
- Sometimes referred to as microdecompression or microdiscectomy
- Most patients go home same-day as procedure and fully recover with six weeks
COMMON CONDITIONS TREATED BY MICRODISCECTOMY:
- Herniated discs
- Bulging discs
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR MICRODISCECTOMY?
If you have symptoms that have not improved with physical therapy or other forms of conservative care and positive diagnostic results, you may be a candidate for this procedure.
WHAT OUR PATIENTS ARE SAYING
[Since my bulging disc correction] I haven't had pain in my leg at all and had only a little pain in my back from my surgery, but zero pain in my legs, the sciatica is gone.
Edward, age 55, bulging disc injury
Today my back and hip feel tremendous. My legs are still a bit weak, possibly from nerve damage that occurred prior to surgery. I’m going to physical therapy 3 times per week. I was back at work on November 15th, 3 weeks after surgery.
Robert, age 58,
history of disc herniation and previous surgeries
Nobody likes to be injured and neck surgery is a delicate procedure, but Dr. Massoud explained what needed to be done, which made me feel more comfortable. [Post-surgery] I felt great, and today the pain is completely gone.
Francisco, Age 48, Cervical Injury
LEARN MORE OR REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION